Thursday, August 2, 2007

New Korn Album, Untitled

Just a quick note. Korn's new album, Untitled, is out. I'm not going to review it (I don't like reviewing music... I'm not very good at it) but I am going to say that I like it. It continues their sound evolution that began with See You on the Other Side two years ago. They are still the low, mean, drop-D thugs they always were, but they are now a bit more creative, mature, and (dare I say) wise than they used to be. Untitled seems to move away from the emotional savagery and catharsis of their previous work and into more obviously artificial territory. That's not to say that the these new songs are in any way false or less authentic but rather that with this album the band seems more aware of themselves as creative artists. It's growth and it's good to see.

No comments: